Welcome Grads on the Market!
See the Placement Director's Memo and sample job market packets to get started.
The department reimburses students for their initial year subscription ($48) with the Interfolio Dossier service. To initiate the 1-year subscription, visit Interfolio Dossier. To receive reimbursement, submit an Employee Expense Worksheet with receipt to Tia Phan (email@example.com).
In addition, the department reimburses students up to $300 for related job market expenses, which can include additional subscription years with Interfolio, sending letters through Interfolio, and paying for official transcripts. To receive reimbursement, submit an Employee Expense Worksheet with all receipts attached to Tia Phan (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the current fiscal year (July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020).
Please note that the department cannot reimburse for expenses from the previous fiscal year (prior to June 30, 2019).
The department has these books available to be checked out in the front office:
- "So What Are You Going to Do with That?": Finding Careers Outside Academia, Third Edition, Basalla, Susan
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success, Adam M. Grant
- How To Negotiate Your First Job: 8 Steps that will create value for you and your new employer, Levy, Paul F
- Networking for Nerds: Find, Access and Land Hidden Game-Changing Career Opportunities Everywhere, Levine, Alaina G
- Zen and the Art of Making a Living: A Practical Guide to Creative Career Design, Boldt, Laurence G.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, Cain, Susan
- The Professor Is In: The Essential Guide To Turning Your Ph.D. Into a Job Paperback – August 4, 2015, Karen Kelsky