Welcome Grads on the Market!
See the Placement Director's Memo and sample job market packets to get started.
- Graduate Student Career Services Powerpoint from Director Mackenzie Sullivan
- Grads on the Market May 2021 Zoom Meeting
The department reimburses students for their initial year subscription ($48) with the Interfolio Dossier service. To initiate the 1-year subscription, visit Interfolio Dossier. To receive reimbursement, submit an Reimbursement Request Form with receipt to Lydia Bolder (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In addition, the department reimburses students up to $300 for related job market expenses, which can include additional subscription years with Interfolio and sending letters through Interfolio. To receive reimbursement for the current fiscal year, submit an Reimbursement Request Form with all receipts attached within 60 days of expenditure to Lydia Bolder (email@example.com).
Please note that the department cannot reimburse for expenses from the previous fiscal year.
The department has these books available to be checked out in the front office:
- "So What Are You Going to Do with That?": Finding Careers Outside Academia, Third Edition, Basalla, Susan
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success, Adam M. Grant
- How To Negotiate Your First Job: 8 Steps that will create value for you and your new employer, Levy, Paul F
- Networking for Nerds: Find, Access and Land Hidden Game-Changing Career Opportunities Everywhere, Levine, Alaina G
- Zen and the Art of Making a Living: A Practical Guide to Creative Career Design, Boldt, Laurence G.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, Cain, Susan
- The Professor Is In: The Essential Guide To Turning Your Ph.D. Into a Job Paperback – August 4, 2015, Karen Kelsky