If you are not sure which staff member to contact with a question, take a look at our staff responsibilities chart!
The Technology Help service desk is your first point of contact for technical support for services such as University Internet accounts and passwords, campus network, internet, telephone connections, email, other system-wide applications, software licenses, and PC and Mac problems.
Contact the Help Desk via call, chat, email, or visiting them in person.
For information regarding technology used for teaching - including Canvas - see the Undergraduate Teaching tab.
Department Technology Help
- Conference Room Technology
- 1314 Social Sciences (Lippincott Room) Zoom User Guide
- 1383 Social Sciences Zoom User Guide
- 1450 Social Sciences Zoom User Guide
- For assistance using, setting up, or testing technology in any of the department’s seminar rooms, please contact Dax Schwartz ([email protected]). Advance notice is preferred.
- Faculty and Staff Computer Replacement
- Infrastructure for Learning Grant
- Technology Loaner Pool
- UMN-IT Communication & Conferencing Tools
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- General Software Information
- This link contains information on VPN, WTS, Linux, and specific software on PoLab computers.
- NVivo is now available for FREE to faculty and graduate students through the University. If interested in setting NVivo up on your computer, please contact Emily Janisch ([email protected]) for more information.
- Software Purchasing